- invite people that are fun to be around. No one wants to have a party and make any one uncomfortable because there is a major sour puss in attendance.
- exchange gifts or give out goodie bags. You want people to remember what a great time they had at your party so they come to other things you invite them too. The best way to do that is to give them something to walk away with.
- don't skimp on the snacks. Everyone loves snacks and treats and it livens up the party, but just make sure to give variety and have enough to go around.
- have some games or activities. You don't want your guests to be bored out of their minds, but do not overpower them with such a specific times schedule. You want to give everyone to feel relaxed and have a good time.
- let EVERYONE stay over. At midnight, everyone will be tired and parents will not want to come pick up their children, but if you let one person stay over late, you should let everyone stay unless no knows about it except that one person.