Friday, March 25, 2011

Share Your Thoughts


A friend of mine texted me the other day and asked for some help on a subject. Here's what she said:

'A girl goes to my Bible Study now. I knew her very well, but now we don't talk to each other. At my Bible Study I could always feel like I could say whatever I wanted without worrying what other people would think. I don't feel like that anymore.' That is tough. Now look at what I told her:

' I understand how that feels. But I also know that it doesn't matter who is listening to what you say. Because if they don't like what you say it is their problem. I know that it is hard to remember that, in fact it took me a while to get that in my head. But if something your about to say might effect her, under your breath say a little prayer for strength. I still have to do that. It isn't a strength you can get on your own. It's an inner strength that comes from our Lord.'

I know how hard it is to remember that it doesn't matter what others think or say. But I also know that if you used to feel comfortable around everyone and could say whatever, then when someone comes and makes you uncomfortable it is still okay to say what you want. If you are still trying to say it but can't get the nerve to. Say a prayer under your breath. I say a prayer all the time. It helps me know that I can call upon my God whenever is needed. It brings me comfort to know he is listening, and will bring me strength. A person that makes you feel uncomfortable is no reason to have to limit what you say. In fact, it should make you want to express how you feel. So you can tell the whole class your feelings. And if the feelings had to do with something that made you feel uncomfortable around her, tell them! Maybe you can become friends again. And just through a little action that showed how you felt. :)

~~~~~~ Tilly Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, be nice and appropriate! Thank you!